Future meeting Plans to be announced!
We only have limited space and cannot accommodate anyone who wishes to show up.
We ask that if you are running a temperature or not feeling well at time of meeting to please not show up. We may be conducting a second meeting for those members who did not get to attend our January or August meeting. September 27 ,2020 at Embassy Suites Greystone is a tentative date, provided the August meeting is successful and able to be conducted in a safe and conscientious manner. . We are in uncharted times and ask everyone to please be patient with changes that are happening due to the covid pandemic.
The Association will offer Continuing Education
Embassy Suites-Columbia Greystone,
200 Stone Ridge Dr.
Columbia, SC 29210. Phone# 803-252-8700
I hope that everyone is safe during this pandemic. 2020 has definitely brought many changes in our lives not only personal but also professionally. There are many opinions and rules that are being updated daily, sometimes hourly. With that being said, we are still planning to have our August 2nd meeting. We will have many rules and guidelines to follow at this meeting. Bill Russell is our Sgt. at Arms and he will conduct this meeting as thorough and safety conscience as he possibly can. Bill has the final authority at this meeting so I ask that everyone will be patient and follow the rules. Please also show respect to Bill as he does this difficult task.
- A maximum of 125 people will be allowed to attend the meeting; you must reserve your seat by responding on the website.
- If you are sick or running a fever, please don’t show up to the meeting
- Masks are required to be worn during the meeting. If you are not able to wear a mask, please don’t show up.
- When entering the meeting, please listen to where you need to be and maintain social distancing.
- If you have to pay at the event, please have a $150.00 check already written out or exact cash. We will not have cash to give out in order to limit the transfer of possible germs. Please don’t wait until 7:30 AM to get exact change if you need to pay at the door. Please be early.
- Must have your ID visible and worn to enter the room. You will be given a CEC sheet when you enter. If you leave the room, leave this sheet at the back of the room and retrieve it when you enter again.
- At the end of EACH HOUR we will ask that you fill out the bottom portion of your CEC sheet, tear it off before leaving your seat, and place it into the box provided at the back of the room. THIS IS ONE OF THE WAYS THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO VERIFY YOUR ATTENDANCE AT THIS MEETING.
- The chairs will be specifically positioned in the room to maintain social distancing. DO NOT MOVE THE CHAIRS.
- Bring enough food to be able to get through four to five hours of education. FOOD WILL NOT BE PROVIDED. We will have canned drinks and bottled water only. If you need coffee, you must bring your own.
Thank you in advance,
7:00 AM Registration Begins
For those that are current with their membership dues and have responded to website of their intention to attend, a name tag will be ready for you at the time of your arrival.If you are not member of the Association you will be able to pay at registration provided you have responded with plan to attend (Cash or Check only). You will need to fill out a form and will receive a handwritten receipt and a name tag at this time.
Name tags must be worn at all times. We are looking for your name tag as you enter and exit each classroom hour, it's visibility will help speed the process of entering and leaving the room between each hour.
8:00 AM Meeting begins.
.You will check in at appropriate station when entering the room. It is important to make sure to check in at door and once checked in will be given 1 cec sheet. Your are to write your name on this sheet prior to having it stamped. Your name tag must be visible on your clothing. Instead of passing around our notepad to be signed during each hour we will have a tear off portion of cec sheet to be torn off and turned in at end of each hour. The association has to double verify your attendance so it is important to follow all instructions
Each class runs a minimum of 55 minutes with break between each hour. If you must leave the room you must leave the cec with someone at the back tables by the doors. You will have five minutes to return to be eligible for that hour, to receive your cec. When you come back into the room you will be handed back your cec form.
There are 4 hours ABO cecs, Apprentices concurrently 4 hours ABO, followed by 1 hour NCLE.
This meeting will be run a little different than normal so we can do our best to protect our members during these difficult and uncertain times. We will not be providing food during this meeting so we ask everyone to bring enough snacks or food to satisfy your needs. We will have canned drinks and bottled waters available but we are not going to have coffee at this meeting. Everyone would be welcome to bring coffee from elsewhere if needed.